February 9, 2023
Imagine H2O’s Accelerator & Urban Water Challenge programs announce their 2023 startup cohorts
Imagine H2O represents a promising era of water innovation. Technology advancements, increased investment, expanding awareness, collaboration and favorable policy are creating a fertile ground for water innovation to grow – allowing for new solutions to address the world’s water challenges.
“We are excited to announce our participation in the Imagine H2O 2023 Accelerator Program. From hundreds of applicants, our company was one of 11 chosen this year. Our inclusion in the top water startup accelerator is a testament to the hard work and dedication we have put into our company. The accelerator program provides us with valuable resources, mentorship, and a supportive network to help take Kairospace to new heights in the water technology industry.”
– Juan Bravin, CEO, Kairospace Technologies Inc.
As the leading innovation program for water startups, Imagine H2O, not only recognize the hallmarks of successful solutions in water, but also the defining traits of the leaders who bring them to light. Zero-equity programs equips entrepreneurs with the resources, insight, and visibility to launch and scale their solutions.
This year, hundreds of entrepreneurs applied to the program. With a rigorous selection process, the latest cohort of 15 startups represent the best and brightest in water innovation. These entrepreneurs are helping solve critical water issues by increasing efficiency, expanding equity, tackling climate change, and improving health. Imagine H2O is honored to support their journey and help bring their solutions to the world.
Get ready to meet the game-changers transforming the future of water!
Accelerator Track / The Imagine H2O Accelerator:
The Imagine H2O Accelerator is working with 11 startups looking to develop their solutions, commercialize their technologies, and enter new markets. Since 2009, the program has supported over 140 startups to scale their businesses globally.
- Ainwater uses AI-based algorithms to optimize water and wastewater plant operations, ensuring compliance while increasing energy efficiency by 30%. HQ: Santiago, Chile
- Bluemethane captures and permanently removes methane from water, as a new source of bioenergy and revenue for asset owners. HQ: London, UK
- CivilGrid compiles utility, geo-tech, and other project planning data to create a comprehensive map that accelerates due diligence and design of water infrastructure projects. HQ: San Francisco, CA. USA
- iFlux provides visibility into groundwater dynamics through combining a network of IoT sensors, sampling technology and a real-time dashboard. HQ: Niel, Belgium
- Kairospace Technologies offers a clean-tech water treatment solution that optimizes water quality and increases agricultural outputs by utilizing physics, gasses, and nanobubbles. HQ: Las Vegas, NV. USA
- LAIIER’s wireless smart tape leak detection solution notifies property managers and owners about leakages in real-time, reducing the impact of water damage and flooding events. HQ: London, UK
- Nucleic Sensing Systems’ portable system autonomously and continuously monitors biological species of concern geo-spatially and in real-time. HQ: Saint Paul, MN. USA.
- Ocean Oasis provides desalinated water to shore through wave powered buoys. HQ: Oslo, Norway
- OmniVis’ handheld technology detects waterborne and food borne pathogens in under 30 minutes. HQ: San Francisco, CA. USA
- Rainstick’s shower system captures, circulates and cleans the water in real-time, increasing water and energy efficiency up to 80%. HQ: Kelowna, Canada
- Sudoc is using its patented chemistry to eliminate wasted material, energy, and water in textile bleaching and other water treatment applications. HQ: Cambridge, MA. USA
Pilot Funding Track / Urban Water Challenge:
The Urban Water Challenge is working with five finalists that are ready to pilot and scale their technologies in global cities. Since our launch in 2018, the Challenge has helped 27 startups complete 36 pilots in 17 countries with over $1.5M in funding. The Challenge is supported by 11th Hour Racing and Oceankind.
- ACWA Robotics will deploy its smart and autonomous robot to collect condition assessment and mapping data in Dunkirk, France’s water networks, thereby optimizing infrastructure replacement and repair decisions. HQ: Petreto Bicchisano, France
- Daupler will use its emergency response management software to simplify and automate how water and wastewater utilities collectively respond to critical issues in Northern California. HQ: Overland Park, KS. USA
- Ocean Oasis will deploy a wave powered desalination buoy in the Canary Islands, Spain, to reduce operating costs and carbon footprint per cubic meter of water delivered to end consumers. HQ: Oslo, Norway
- Powwater will pilot predictive systems to better connect water vendors with customers in Nairobi, Kenya, to ensure access to safe, reliable and affordable water. HQ: Nairobi, Kenya
- Rapid Radicals will install its decentralized, high-rate treatment system in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to treat combined sewer wastewater and reduce the impact of overflow events. HQ: Milwaukee, WI. USA